Gastroenterologists are doctors specialized in treating diseases associated to the liver and to the gastrointestinal tract. The best gastroenterologists in Dubai have taken 8 years of education and 3 years of an extensive training program. As they are very skilful, they are capable of performing various diagnostic tests such as endoscopy, colonoscopy, liver biopsy, and endoscopic ultrasound. If necessary, conduct operations related to the digestive system. In addition, the best gastroenterologists in Dubai have good communication skills and a strong aim to aid patients with various diseases.
When consulting a gastroenterologist, they give various tips in order to improve one’s health of the stomach. A few of these are:
- Include fibre into the diet: fibre aids in the movement of the bolus through the digestive tract. Fibre prevents the food from getting stuck, anywhere in between, so fibre should be incorporated. Such foods with high fibre content are brown bread and brown pasta.
- Add probiotics to the diet: probiotics are healthy bacteria present in a human’s gut. They aid in digestion and absorption. Consuming food such as low-fat yoghurt and kefir will help in the growth of these bacteria.
- Prevent smoking and alcohol: these bad habits can interfere and ruin the digestion process in the body.
- Drink plenty of water: staying hydrated is the first step for a good digestion. This is because water will dissolve fibre and fats, making it easier for digestion.
- Don’t lie down after eating: this can slow down the digestive process and increase the chances of an acid reflux.
- Eat slowly and on time: chewing slowly will cause easier digestion as the size of the food particles will be smaller. Also, having the heaviest meal during lunch is ideal as the enzymes are most active then.
- Beat stress: stress causes a change in eating habits and so, managing it through meditation and yoga is the best idea.
You can find the best gastroenterologist in the Lapsurgery clinic in Dubai.